ZKW lighting systems GmbH, Wieselburg (AU)
Lighting systems and electronics for the automotive sector.
The company ZKW Group located in Austrian Wieselburg is one of the leading producers of lighting systems and electronics in the automobile sector. Vehicles of the upper middle class reaching to the premium class are served by its products.
Due to this constant process improvement during montage plays an essential role. Since 2014 the company is working with the BeeWaTec pipe racking system and and is completely equiped with Lean prodcuts in every montage area.
Therefore ZKW itself handles the construction of the urgent equipment adjusted to its requirements.
In December 2016 the LEAN Management of ZKW developed a folding slide for material provision.
Process improvement via pipe racking system
– Montage Folding slide for material provision for assembly
- Reduction of waste
- Increase in productivity and faster cycle times
- Consideration of aspects or ergonomics
- Space-saving solution
- Interruption of the production workflow when changing containers
- Ergonomic strain due to extreme bending down when changing containers
- Increased changing interval of gloves due to grabbing folding boxes
- Shorter set-up times for the line logistician
Features of the solution
- Significantly improved ergonomics for the assembly line staff
- Changing containers with foot operation
- Automatic setting-off of the boxes by means of roller tracks
- Automatic mechanism for independent lifting of the flap by means of gas pressure absorbers
- Easy operation and maintenance due to the simple construction of the system